Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Much Sought After and Highly Coveted Kreativ Blogger Award

HEY! Looka what I got!!

Ah, acknowledgement from my peers...or my betters, however you look at it is nicccccccce!

Ivan G. Shreve Jr. over at his happy blog Thrilling Days of Yesteryear, has generously nominated humble little me for the Kreative Blogger Award and I couldn't be more proud. For those not familiar with Mr. Shreve's little corner of the World Wide Interwebs..."shame on you"! It's a wonderful daily (oft-times more) blog that's much more than your standard film or DVD reviews. Ivan let's us feel like we're watching classic films right beside him, experiencing his recent convalescence, his Mom's home-care and anything else in his daily life.

There are rules to accepting this prize, which I will happily abide by, which I will attend to once I hang this in my trophy room!

Looks verrrrry good indeed...now, down to brass tacks!

A. You must thank the person who nominated you for the award. Done and done!

B. Copy the award logo and place it on your blog. Proudly displayed, thank you!

C. Link the person who has nominated you for the award. Remember before when I was talking about how good Ivan's blog is? Be sure and hit that hotlink...you'll thank me later!

D. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. Only 7??? Oh well, I guess I can edit.

1. Someday I want to change my name to John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt. Then his name will be my name too.

2. I have the strength of 10 men, the recuperative powers of Wolverine and the medical documentation to prove it!

3. Though I have had life-long unrequited crushes on the following (listed with reasons things would never work out), Betty Crocker (too matronly a figure for deep romance) Sarah Lee (she's got an attitude - she thinks that nobody doesn't like her) and Mrs. Butterworth (forbidden love...MR. Butterworth would never approve) ---- I am really saving myself and my hand in marriage for Little Debbie...if she ever grows up.

4. I believe that if God (The Flying Spaghetti Monster) had intended us to be vegetarians, he wouldn't have made cows and pigs so delicious!

5. If I were to ever have plastic surgery, it would be to add a prehensile tail. Oh, and maybe a blow-hole in the back of my neck so I would never have to come up for air...you know...for the ladies.

6. I believe that the meaning of life (i.e. "what it's all about") is "The Hokey Pokey". I mean, it's right there in the song people!

7. If there's one thing I've learned, it's you can't teach me anything.

E. Nominate seven (7) other "Kreativ Bloggers". THIS is a tough one. If you take a gander over at my blog roll "Other Blogs I Like to Read" you can see I have many, many favorites and seem to find more with every passing week. But if I were to have to choose, here's some that I highly recommend you take the time to check out.

1. Hungry Comix - Lysdexicuss I've learned more about typewriters than I ever thought I could know from his Screen savers!

2. Stripper's Guide - Allan Holtz A comic strip researcher who leaves no stone unturned. Things he's come across while working on other projects, he posts for us to appreciate. Comic strip "News of Yore" news bits and long lost George Herriman every Saturday...well worth a gander!

3. Golden Age Comic Book Stories - Mr. Door Tree Some of the most beautiful scans of a grand array of art, not just for the comic book story lover.

4. Comics Make No Sense - Adam Barnett Musings on the stories, characters and dialogue that raised us all. One of the funniest things I come across every day!

5. The Big Blog of Kids Comics - Mykal Banta At last count Mykal is doing 7 blogs...whew...and every one of them is a pleasure. This has got to be my favorite though, pure un-adulterated, good, clean, fun comics. I feel 30 years younger and carefree with every post.

6. Art, Movies, Wood and Whatnot - Artman2112 A guy with a penchant for Clara Bow AND Woodworking.

7. Hey Look What I Found the Art of Michael Wurl - Michael Wurl - Self described "Artist, writer & musician... also a comic book enthusiast and bon vivant ne'er do well blessed with a rapscallionesque savoir faire.

Seriously...they're VERY worth your time. Read them now and thank me twice later.

F. Leave a comment on each of their blogs to let them know they've been nominated. I'm off to take care of that NOW!

G. Sell all your worldly belongings, shave your head and swear total allegiance to the all-powerful Lettuce God, Icebergeron. Hmmmph. I'll meet you a 3rd of the way there.

There's ALWAYS a catch!

See y'all tomorrow!

2 comments:

Runs.with.Ferals said...

The spaghetti & meatball god is scarier than any Freudian slip I've ever made in the presence of my Mommy~!

I am going to pass this year on accepting the award. I am waiting until they are made of platinum and look like Marilyn Monroe ;~j

Marco said...

Someone much wiser than myself once told me that when one dies and gets to the afterlife there is big ass table.. full of Little Debbie cakes... and you can have all you want.

Search This Blog