Friday, January 15, 2010

Martin Luther King, Jr. Had a Dream

Martin Luther King, Jr. was born this day in 1928.


On August 28, 1963...when I was but 20 days old, not even 3 weeks of age...Martin Luther King, Jr. gave one of the most important and well-spoken addresses ever given.

At the apex of a civil rights march on Washington, King stood before the world and told us of a dream he had. A dream in which his children would one day live in a world where they would be judged, not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

For a person to be judged by the content of character. Say it to yourself. Judged by the content of your character.

That would be a perfect way to be. Think of it.

You have no control over the color of your skin, your height, your physical beauty, your handicaps.

You have complete control over your character. The way you conduct yourself. The way you treat the people around you.

Your character is who you are. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be judged for that?

You should know by now that I am a practicing evangelical atheist. I speak in tongues, believe in no higher power than man's own mind and I think I can heal you anyway. Dr. King's character was above and beyond any religious affiliation, though. Like Gandhi said, "I like your Christ, but your Christians leave a lot to be desired"

I judge Dr. King by his character and the influence he had on an ugly world.

It's still ugly, but not for Dr. King's lack of trying. It's a brighter world that he left. A better world for the influence of his character.

SIDEBAR:

I hesitate to pollute my post about Dr. King with this, but there is the old concept that, we wouldn't know or appreciate the light without the dark, cleanliness without filth, God without the Devil. The humanity of Dr. King's philosophy may be celebrated by the contrast of what this jack off said yesterday!

Pat Robertson is a hate-monger, a manipulator, an opportunist, a prey-er on the spirit of man and in short, an ignorant shit-bag!-

The idea that in the year 2010 this raving asshole can go on TV and announce to the world that the poor people of Haiti were hit with a devastating earthquake because "they made a pact with the devil". is one thing. The part where millions of people are going to believe and support him is unconscionable.

I'd suggest that every member of The 700 Club be lobotomized, but I'm afraid I'm too late.

Hey Pat! I made a pact with the tooth fairy, some forest gnomes, 3 wood sprites and Santa's elves that if I ever meet you I'll kick your sorry ass!

I'm dredging this award out of retirement. Robertson and all your idiotic followers, you are "the smegma wads of the week"!

Your charcters have been judged!


END SIDEBAR:

We miss you Dr. King. We didn't mean to kill you.

I sure hope your dream doesn't die.


Unless the dream dies so it can become a reality.

2 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

This was a very heart warming post! Dr king did such good work and would have wanted us to continue to press on forward in the right direction....unlike Pat, aka the Devil's sidekick.

Unca Jeffy said...

It's been almost 50 years since the good doctor's dream speech. I'm glad to see that just remembering it can warm hearts.

I think he'd be proud. I sure hopw so, he was one we shouldn't let down.

Search This Blog