Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nemo #8: All Things Little Orphan Annie part 2 of 4

"Nemo: the Classic Comics Library" continues it's in-depth look at one of the greatest comic strips of all time with Donald Phelps' article on the cultural icon that Annie would become.

Not just years after with Broadway and movies, but right during her heyday and she became a symbol for American can-do attitude during the roughest years of the Depression and representing an example of being a good person even through her darkest travails and she would always end up shining at the end.

Not to mention, being the star of her very own radio serial and selling Ovaltine to millions of kids!







Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Jeff: Just got all the Nemos I ordered in! Tons of great reading ahead (like this article you've posted here). Thanks again for introducing me to something I clearly should have known about!

Unca Jeffy said...

I'm glad I could give back a little of all you've given me Mykal.

And I'm glad you picked up some copies of your own...a lot of this just begs for the smell and feel of newsprint as you read!

I can't recall a bad issue in the bunch!

Search This Blog