Friday, July 16, 2010

Audiophile Audio File Friday: Todd Snider

I've always been a little frustrated in my attempts to salute my musical heroes here on the blog, as I could never find a way to post audio files. Searching YouTube and other video sites was OK, but I was limited to find the versions of the songs I wanted to share with you, also I was frustrated with bad video/audio quality from the flip-phone videos or whatever source material that was available.

Now there's a solution (might have been one for a while, but I'm slow on the uptake) and here's a couple songs and stories you should hear...

"The Drink Hole Amphitheatre", right here in the cerebral cortex of "Jeff Overturf's Head" proudly features the songwriting and story telling talents of Todd Snider!


You've heard me speak of him in the past on these posts, but you really ought to hear and appreciate even more. I'm slapping up two of Todd's songs here from unreleased live shows done about 8 years or so ago. Both feature Todd's wry and witty storytelling before the wry, witty and inspirational songs. The first story takes place about 17 years into his career and the song he had up his sleeve that saved his sanity at a music festival, and the second story tells a little about how he got where he is in the first place.

Enjoy!

Todd Snider - "Vinyl Records" and the story of his heroes and priorities:



Todd Snider - "The Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern" accompanied with "The Story of the Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern". Sit back and enjoy, you WON'T be sorry:



Trog???

Jerry Jeff Walker...


Willie and Waylon and the boys...


Gruene Hall - Luchenback, Texas...


Large Marge???


The Devil's Backbone Tavern...


...and interior...


Eddie Van Halen...


...and "The Eddie Van Halen Band"!


Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Akshunt "Action" Frank Franklyn said...

hey Jeffy not sure if you are aware of it but Todd has contributed a song or two to this Sundays Squidbillies cartoon. Not sure if he's gonna be singing or not, but check your listings if you care to see it.

Unca Jeffy said...

I'll check it out Frank!

Be sure and listen to the tracks here too, this is not the same version of the "Backbone" story I've been polluting your ears with for 7 years...this is an unreleased version I found just this morning!

Akshunt "Action" Frank Franklyn said...

hells yeah I listened to it... no matter how many different ways he tells it, or how many times I hear it, the story never gets old.

Search This Blog