Friday, July 29, 2011

I Bow Out of the Vic & Sade Bid-ness!

Y'all know I loves me some OTR and in particular Paul Rhymer's classic "Vic & Sade". I dig posting them here, too and hopefully hipping some folks to a show they may have never heard before, and have been doing so almost every Friday for a few months now.

However, there's not much I can add to what's already out there on the web and sometimes I feel I'm just recycling what a lot of hard-working folks haefv already done.

However!

There is a blog of force out there with a blogger with even more passion than I have, doing a better job than I of analyzing these shows and even doing some audio editing to highlight the brilliance of Paul Rhymer's glorious work...one of the funniest shows ever done for any medium.

So I'm bowing out of the regular "Vic & Sade" business and gladly as I redirect you Rhymer fans to "The Crazy World of Vic & Sade", just half way up on the next block. Give it a glance and let ol' Jimbo know what you think. I think it's pretty awesome.

As my bow out I'm givin' you a listen to the last 2 undated shows I have from 1940 and the last of my textual observations of the show. A look at the show from "Comedy" from 1980.

Enjoy!





























I hope I grabbed a few new ears for this classic bit of comedy. I'm glad to see all the folks celebrating what worthwhile out there on the innerwebs!

There's plenty more worthwhile that I can write about, so...

I'll talk to you soon.

5 comments:

Jimbo said...

I feel honored that I am "inside your head!" But I say, Rhymer left enough of a legacy for us all to write about.

I actually wrote about your site the other day...

Unca Jeffy said...

Rhymer is certainly worth all of our consideration! Thanks for the plug BTW.

Jimbo said...

You have an awesome blog!

I was curious - do you like the Superman radio show?

Unca Jeffy said...

I dig the Superman show fer sure. About 6 months ago I began listneing to my OTR collection in chronological order. I'm now up to summer of 1940 and the Superman shows are a real highlight. Top 3 shows being "Vic & Sade", "Jack Benny" and "Superman".

Jimbo said...

Well sure enough, Superman radio is awesome. I figured anyone who liked superheroes and OTR would love that show. It's very well done!

Search This Blog