Monday, June 6, 2011

"Treasure Island" - John Severin - Mad Mondays!

It seems the first half of "Mad" the comic book #7 from 1953 had a distinct literary flavor. First up was Harvey Kurtzman and Bill Elder's take on Sherlock Holmes and next up comes Kurtzman and John Severin's take on that grand adventure tale "Treasure Island". The wonderful thing about parody, their Mad-ist title for this little story is..."Treasure Island".

Love that cameo by their jungle hero "Melvin" on the splash page.

Enjoy!














Oh, by the by. Today is my second anniversary doing this blog and emptying the contents of my head. I still don't know what I'm doing here, but I sure am having fun. A big thank you to all the regular readers and to those who just stop by now and then. Especially to all the commentors, that really makes it fun for me.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Search This Blog