Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Funnies - May 14, 1949 - part 1 of 2

Happy Sunday, kiddoes!  And more Sunday supplement 4 color treasures to feast over with your oatmenl.

To start off our 2 week exam of the Chicago Daily News from My 14, 1949, it's that front page perennial, Al Capp's "Li'l Abner".  That Dogpatch gang must have sold a lot of newspapers in it's day.


More "Dotty Dripple" by Buford Tune bringing up page 2.  As discussed in past posts, the "poor man's 'Blondie' from the poor man's Chic Young.  Still with it's own charm though.


More Al Capp along with Raeburn Ban Buren with the soap opera strip that put other soap opera strips to shame, "Abbie and Slats".


And the gorgeous and informative "Mark Trail" by Ed Dodd finishes up this weeks 4 color collection.  


This is another in a batch of Sunday pages I bought off of ebay a few years back.  This one seems to be missing about half (or more) of the pages.  It's still nice to finally have them scaned before they completely crumble though.

See ya next Sunday for the second half.  Auto-loaded, as that will be my last "away day" and "travel day" from the San Diego Comic-Con...which I will for sure report on for y'all.

Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Hiya Jeff, I can't seem to connect with your email via your blog. Could you email me through my blog, as soon as possible? I have a couple of questions for ya. And boy, this comment moderation thing is getting harder and harder to come up with the right letters and numbers. Perhaps I AM a robot.

Anyway, tanx.

Unca Jeffy said...

Them things're getting harder to read for me too, Thom...no worries. I sent you an e-mail, hope it worked ok.

Search This Blog