Thursday, July 26, 2012

Comic-Con Ambiance!

Between Comic-Con, work, work obligations (Saturday meetings 40 miles from home?????  Really??????) and of course, my own shiftless, laziness, I've gotten behind slightly on writing cartoons for the blog.

There's still a ways to go in my tale of "Jeffy Inside Jeff Overturf's Head" and plenty of potential for "Road Trip with Jughead Jones, The Incredible Hulk and Richie Rich" and plenty of room for more "Cousin Frank and Bigfoot", not to mention getting back to my "A Slight History of Golden Age Comic Book Super-Heroes" and more.  

But until I get to this weekend and do some catch-up, here's more of my trip to San Diego.


There are a lot of pics in this post, and I thought about spreading them out a little, but this kind of information overload is exactly what you experience when you're there.  Too much stimuli for one brain to drink in, so you take in the best you can and have a good time.  

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arrive!


But I did hold back a little...all of these pics were taken the 1st of the 4 days.

I wanted to give folks a feeling of the magnitude of the exhibit hall, but really, it's like looking at pics of the Grand Canyon...it just ain't the same.









Total Recall car.



Walking Dead booth...





Golem.






Truth to tell, all of these pics of the hall were all taken in about an hour and a half.  I actually went back to the hotel in the afternoon between panels and dinner and took a nap and came back.

Show's how much can be crammed in.











A costume booth...beautiful stuff from Star Wars...




Star Trek...


and The Avengers!






Ahhhhhhhhhh the ARchie booth.


We all know the Riverdale gang and their pals Sabrina the teen-age witch and Josie and the Pussycats...but "Archie's pal Kevin"?  new to me.






Shoes reflecting the magic of Comic-Con!






The Madtropolitan Museum of Art.









Out of the streets of SD...Comic-Con leaks...








Mmmmmmmmmmmm pulled pork sammich and a beer...good way to end the first day.



Thanks again SD, for being such a gracious host to all of us nerds and ne'er-do-wells.

It really was a good time.

Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Runs.with.Ferals said...

Not crazy about the new DC comics logo. Thanx for sharing I really lived vicariously through your experience, especially all yer Harlequin moments etc !

Paul C.Tumey said...

Great pix, Jeff -- I feel like I was there with a pal! Thanks!

Unca Jeffy said...

We'll all go again next year, guys!

Search This Blog