Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Phone Call We've ALL Made

Here's a song I wrote that's a universal love song for us all.

The greatest pitfall besetting mankind is the same we've had for 135 years...the telephone.

It's not about man's need to be connected and to stay on the grid or anything as hackneyed as man's inability to drive and talk on the phone at the same time. It's much more basic than that.

Simply put, telephones and booze DO NOT mix.

The very first telephone call ever made is well documented. Alexander Graham Bell calling his assistant in the next room saying, "Watson. Come here. I need you."

No one wrote down the second phone call ever made, but I've got a shiny new dime to bet you it was Alexander Graham Bell drunk at 3 in the morning calling an old girlfriend.

This is a love song for all the guys out there who ever had to make that call (and yes...we did HAVE to make it) and for all the women out there who ever had to accept the charges.



We're sorry. We're not stalkers, we just miss you sometimes.

5 comments:

Marco said...

Brings a tear to my eye...

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jeffie.....
I've gotten a couple of those calls myself!
Thanks......Kate

Marco said...

I think you actually hit a real chord or two in that song.

Unca Jeffy said...

Hell...I hit all 3!

Anonymous said...

I love this song.

Search This Blog