Saturday, June 12, 2010

Nemo issue 2 - Enter the Superman

As long as the scans are complete on this one I might as well jump on it. Number 2 of the great "Nemo: the Classic Comics Library" takes a decidedly comic bookian approach in it's views on comic strips as they land an interview with Superman creators Jerry Seigel and Joe Shuster in this August 1983 issue.

Here's a look at what's coming up in my posts over the next few days...

...a happy note from Richard Marschall...


And the interview itself!

Low budget printing and the publishers still feeling their way here make some of the strips printed in this issue a little difficult to read, in particular some of the Superman dailies I'll be posting tomorrow and the Fred Harman strips coming in a few days. It's kind of a combination of the strips being reduced to an unreadable size and the simple technology of ink on newsprint not giving the best resolution. This is one reason I sat down to scan these issues, so I can enlarge them on my computer screen and also so I can have the files as a easier access reference than a stack of magazines is.

I'll be including these pages so you can see for yourself...if anyone out there has any scanning tips for this humble novice, please feel free to drop me a note. I'd love to tweak some of these if I'm able.

For now, enjoy.












See y'all back here tomorrow for more Nemo fun!

2 comments:

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Jeff, I can't emphasize enough how very cool it is that you're scanning and sharing Nemo, page by page.

I might have some advice on scanning, but so far it's all looking great. When it's poorly reproduced on paper there's just not a lot one can do to make it look good digitally without major retouch.

Thanks again for doing this.

Unca Jeffy said...

My pleasure Thomas. I've always been proud to have these in my collection and have read and re-read them countless times. After a quarter of a century of hoarding the wealth of information that's in them, it's only right that I can share them with others who appreciate them.

Search This Blog