Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stuff You May Have Missed...That I Hope You Didn't - Part Five

While the "real" world continues to take up my valuable blogging time, here's some more of what you may have missed...

"UNCLE JEFFY'S TRAVELIN' FOLK AND COUNTRY MUSIC REVIEW!"


From the time I was a teenager, like so many teen-age boys, I wanted to play the guitar. Well with characteristic procrastination, I bought myself one when I was 23 and another when I was 28 and sat right down and learned to play it when I was 31.

I locked the door one day and took the phone off the hook (phones used to have hooks and a place to hang them, remember?) and taught myself 3 chords.

When I'm 51 I may give myself a second lesson. But for now those 3 chords are plenty of fun for me.

Here's a few songs that I made up all by myself with just my guitbox to sing along.

"MISSY"

An unrequited love song.



"A PHONE CALL WE'VE ALL MADE (THE TELEPHONE SONG)"

A universal love song...we've ALL done this.



"THE SMILE"

A love song for human beings when they act right. It makes me happy when they do.



"I LOVE RACHAEL RAY"

Another love song...aren't they all?... Come on Rachael, give old Jeffy a call.



Thanks for listening. I hope at least one of them speaks to you.

At any rate, I had fun makin' them up and singin' them.

See y'all tomorrow!

No comments:

Search This Blog