Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sunday Funnies...in the middle of the week - Nemo issue #14


...or hell...even the middle of the week!

Connectivity problems here seem to be on the ebb, though it's still a mystery as to what was causing me the troubles. So I thought I'd post Nemo: the Classic Comics Library issue #14 that was scheduled for this Sunday last, I know y'all need yer classic comics fix! It's much more reliable, though still a trifle slow, so I'll break this issue up over today, tomorrow and Thursday.

It's a feature packed issue for sure, and I want to give y'all time to drink it in!



Here's a glimpse of what's to come in the next couple of days!


First Up! A look at Frank Willard's sometime overlooked lowbrow farce, "Moon Mullins"...glorious comic stuff from the seedier side of us all...





























AND the long-awaited, much-anticipated (at least since my teaser post a few days ago) look at the art-deco design work of George McManus, sometimes even featuring Maggie and Jiggs and the world of "Bringing Up Father"...
























A little bonus here...this was featured on the inside front cover of this issue...




I'll be back tomorrow and the next day with the rest of this issue and by Sunday we'll be back on track with the Sunday Funnies as they should be...

Though, doesn't it feel good to sneak in the nonsense behind your stuffy official papers at work mid-week?

I think so too.

Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Welcome back Kotter—I mean, Jeff. I know how troublesome them tech issues can be. Thanks for pluggin' ahead with it. THIS is the issue I most regret parting with (though actually I regret parting with all of em). But you've made it bearable with all your hard work of sharing em.

These issues are an essential part of my digital comics library.

Unca Jeffy said...

Happy to be of service Thomas!

Akshunt "Action" Frank Franklyn said...

hey Jeffy, I have a big ol' book of Charles Addams cartoonies if your into that kind of stuff

Unca Jeffy said...

Might be something for Halloween there Frank!

Search This Blog