Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Uncle Jeffy's Sketchbook v. 2.0: Postcards from the Timestream.

I was born and reared in Great Falls, Montana, which is also the home of "western artist/painter/sculptor" Charles M. Russell.

I even attended Russell Elementary from K-6 and graduated Charles M. Russell High School. Charlie Russell differed from his more famous counterpart Remington, for the humanity and humor he put in his pieces. In addition to showing the beauty and ruggedness of the west, he also depicted an irony and sadness in his characters faces and situations.

As a schoolboy, we took field trips to his home, studio and museum. Of all his paintings and sculptures, I was most entranced by the letters he would write to his family and friends. Little notes about the current goings on, which he would illustrate with little sketches and scenes around the borders.

This lead to me coming up with this as yet undeveloped concept.

"Postcards from the Timestream" in my sketchbook:

Timetraveler Erwin would travel to points in time and send postcards home. Not necessarily from a scientific point of view, but from a more everyman human POV.

Someday I'll wring this idea out more. I like it.

Maybe as a character to talk about the famous birthdays I do here?

Maybe.

More to come from my sketchbook another day.

No comments:

Search This Blog